Saturday 28 January 2017

My positive hat is back in place

This photo was taken last summer just before the bees arrived.they loved the big lavender bushes.
When I look at this picture it reminds why I chose to live here. I have regained control and tied on my positive hat.
The house looks lovely in summer and I really do have roses around the door which cannot be seen here. The roses are white. I also have a beautiful white wisteria that grows across the front.  The main house looks very different from the farmhouse we originally bought. Later this year we will build an open sided porch on the front, a place to leave muddy boots.
Today I have cleared out the shell of the utility room ready for him indoors to frame out and put in the plumbing and electrics. Then we will move the washing machine and dishwasher in there along with my battered old butler sink. Once that is done we can start on my kitchen. The agreement is that one day a week work will be done on our house. It will be slow progress but at least it will be progress.
Our second Gite, la Jonquille is almost done! The downstairs floor tiles are done and grouted. Yesterday we went to Ikea and bought the complete kitchen..and came in under budget which makes me happy. Today him indoors is finishing off the stairs, filling gaps and putting the oak on the steps. Next week the upstairs floors will be finished and the bathroom suite fitted. Exciting times.
In the dead of winter it can be hard to keep the dream alive. Today there is no frost and the frozen ponds and buckets are starting to melt. The ice was so thick on them. There is some blue sky and sun that makes the heart sing. A good to be alive day. It is possible that we are done with the freezing weather! I do hope so.
Lambs are starting to appear in the fields, always a joy to watch! There a few new calves around too.
Before long I will be back in the veg patch where I love to be.
Just need a few more bookings for the Gites!

1 comment:

  1. Nice to hear you speak so positively of the direction your life is taking, Aly. All you and P`s hard work will pay off in spades, I am sure.

    ReplyDelete