Friday 27 January 2017

😢

sadly Auntie Elsie died yesterday. She was 101 and 4 months. Amazing to think she was born during world war 1. She saw so many changes in her lifetime but was never phased by anything the modern world brought. Up until she was went into hospital in December she lived at home alone. She did the crossword in the Telegraph every day and was always up to date with the news. I am very sad she has gone but she died peacefully, with no illness. She was just very old! When I last saw her in December she asked me to forgive her if she had ever upset me. She never has and I loved her dearly. I knew she was saying goodbye.
Today her children have started clearing the house ready for selling. It seems indecently quick but I am not surprised given the way they have behaved in her final weeks. It really is the end of an era!
I know I will feel sad for a while and am not sure I can get to the funeral.
Meanwhile I will keep plodding on trying to make my life the way I want it...as green and sustainable  as it can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment