Saturday 7 January 2017

Life is beginning to return to normal

Saw the surgeon this week who said that him indoors can start gently getting back to work. Another 20 sessions of physio ordered and see him again mid February. Him indoors is now fully driving again which has made a huge difference.
Last Thursday the four of us went to Laval ( a big town an hour away) to see the new Star Wars film in English. They call it version original here. When we bought the tickets the cashier delighted in telling us ( in French) that is was American not English! I bit my tongue and refrained from saying that although it was an American film the language is English. Fortunetly people like him are rare.
Beside the four of us there were four others in the cinema! Daughter took a photo and sent it to friends in England! We then went and found a KFC for dinner. I had a box of chips as there was nothing for me! The others enjoyed it though. Funny thing happened..whilst we were sitting eating, a mouse ran across the floor! I seem to have developed the famous French shrug! We all enjoyed the entire evening, it felt like dipping our toes in the world briefly.
Back at the ranch we have started laying the floor tiles in La Jonquille, the other end Gite. A couple of days should see that floor finished. Then we can go and buy the kitchen...I love trips to Ikea! Will have to make sure I save a bit of money for that. With him indoors driving again he took the trailer to the dump and emptied it. A much needed job. I can now break up the old duck house and get rid of it.
The weather is still very cold and often foggy. Due to no rain though there are no problems with icy roads.
Yesterday I started the crochet along, I have to do twenty rows this week and have done five already. The project is a throw done in the colours of the Yorkshire moors. Very different for me as I usually choose brighter colours. I am enjoying it so far and the more I do the easier it is to remember where I am! I do have rather a pile of unfinished projects just now. They will all be finished at some point!
I have been thinking about our soon to be lounge. The walls will be white and the beams stained dark oak. We will probably put down dark floor tiles as it is more practical living on a farm. We plan to build on porches back and front of the house to deal with muddy welly boots. I now think that I do not want set colours in the lounge. I have several multi coloured throws that give colour. I will have to give some thought to the curtains. I am excited to be finally thinking about a finished room. Not so far away now.
The chickens, ducks and geese are still confined sadly. We lost a duck this week, due I think to stress. I miss having them around the garden. It is much better now we have seperate areas. We now have Cluckingham Palace and Duckingham Palace !
This week we have revamped our website and sent out a mailshot to all previous visitors. We need more bookings this year.
Lots of positive stuff to keep us motivated during winter which is always hard here.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear P is well on the mend. Fingers crossed that you get the Gites finished for the booking season.

    ReplyDelete