Wednesday 18 January 2017

My name is Aly and I am addicted......

to crochet! It is official so I thought it best to own up! I have long been addicted to knitting which will continue but have now added crochet. It is something I have dabbled in over the years. I perefected a lovely baby shawl that I made many times. Shawls are no longer used so I make baby blankets now. I had often looked at patterns but they never made sense. Since finding the blog attic24 I have discovered a world of colour and beauty.  I have finished so far 8 throws, some of which are in my lounge and some have been given as gifts to friends. I have another oddments throw underway, a blanket for my new grandson due in April and of course the crochet along I am doing with Lucy at attic24. I also have a pack of wool and a pattern for another of Lucy's throws whose colours I could not resist! Whilst browsing her site earlier I found a link to a lady who shows how to make socks! Hand knitted socks! Such joy! I am trying to resist the temptation to order sock wool as I have enough to be getting on with. The world is falling apart around me but I am so happy in my world of all things woolen! I have come to realize there is just about nothing I cannot make myself.
I try never to regret things but oh how I wish I had discovered all this when younger. Although I guess I would have had little time for all this whilst bringing up three children and working.
I often curse the internet and the time it uses but it has brought so much too. I have recently done a cull of all I have been involved with, including iPad games. I would rather be making things.
This morning I have done some crochet, made a fruit cake, started the wood burner ( I have now added fire lighting to my list ) and done a quick wash of my beloved mini. A bit difficult in this freezing weather but managed with a mop and bucket! The long term plan is to put guttering on the garage that will feed into a large water butt. We can then attach the Archer to that to hose down our cars. This will control the worst of the mud and can be used by us all.
Since we removed the ducks and geese from the big pond it has settled down nicely and the water is clear. I hope the frogs and toads will return this spring. I want to get it planted out too to attract wildlife. The ducks and geese are happy with the tractor tyre pond and bowls of water to drink.
Life will always be busy here but that is a good thing. It stops me worrying about anything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment