Wednesday 1 February 2017

Not a normal sort of day

The yellow blob in the back of this photo is an enormous digger type of machine. It has a giant claw with a big blade at the base. It grips onto trees and cuts and lifts them. Am amazing thing to watch. Today the two fields at the back of us has been cleared. This is all part of land management by the farmer. The stumps are always left so the trees regrow. It will probably take 10 years for them to get to full size again. This is how the wood store is replenished. Most of us around here have wood burners to heat our homes. We buy our wood from the farmer who has had the trees cut down!
We can now see right across the fields which will be lovely when spring and summer are here. From my lounge I can see much more sky. I love watching the big machinery working. There is now a lot of work for our neighbour to get the trees cut up and stacked. One very good thing about this is it is now not possible for a fox to sneak in!
This morning I went shopping. First to a clothes shop I like as I needed new jeans. Apart from being tatty mine were too big. I have gone back down to a size 12 (UK) which makes me happy. I bought three pairs for €23, pretty good! Then we did the food shopping and found some vegetarian burgers and mince! In over seven years of living here I have never found such things! They are soya based! I have now stocked up my freezer and am feeling very happy. I had heard that quorn was now being sold over here but so far have not found any. Sometimes things work out well here!
Operation my house begins on Saturday when him indoors will start framing out the shell of our untility room. With that done he can put in the electrics and plumbing and I can move the washing machine in there. Closer to getting my kitchen done. Another happy thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment