Thursday 26 January 2017

Where did January go?

cannot say I am sorry we are nearly in February. January is an awful month here. Very cold and everyone hibernates. The cows are in the barns and the trees are bare. It is very hard to keep warm just now but I really hope this is our last winter living in a renovation project. I have said it the last six winters so feel I have earned a finished house now.
Back to the doctor with him indoors today. Our new English speaking one which was wonderful. She has asked for our notes from our former GP who has retired. Problem is the new one has not arrived yet and the surgery is shut up!  Him indoors has to have his shoulder xrayed and scanned as he is getting lots of pain. He has been given some strong pain killers that should help him sleep too. I asked the chemist about the new doctor and explained we need our notes ( my French is improving). He said the new chap should arrive in a month or so but if not the retired doctor has to return to give us our notes! Will leave it a few more weeks then ask in the Mairie. They must have access to the surgery. I have told him indoors I want a refund as he seems to have broken too soon!
Changing doctor means we have to inform others...our top insurance company, our Governmental health provider. The details then need changing on our carte vitale ( a card that has details of what we are entitled to for health care). This always get done at the pharmacy. Lots of paperwork in 🇫🇷             ( France)
I still have wobbles about living here but the longer it goes the more used I am to things. I am no longer scared going into official situations. We saw a bad car crash this week, caused by black ice and were first on the scene. The people were French. We called the emergency services and I stayed with the driver who was unconscious, talking to her constantly. When she came to a bit I apologized for my French which made her smile. We coped with the emergency team managing to explain what had happened. It shook us seeing a car ploughing into a tree but we coped. A few times I have been mistaken for French which makes me smile. I do not think it is ever easy moving to a new country, when the language is different too it is harder.
Once February is over the world will be a better place with slightly longer days and warmer weather. Then it will be full steam ahead in the veg patch! That is what I will focus on to help me through this difficult time of year.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete