Wednesday 5 August 2015

What a good day!

visited Emmaus to look for a kitchen table but nothing was right. Took back the shower and taps and bought the right ones!
Friend brought round our tractor tyre pond for the geese but the hose will not reach. We have another hose but need a connector to join them together. P will get that tomorrow. I started filling it with a bucket but it is too hot!
Moved the ducklings out to the duck area. They are still in the puppy cage and I have attached a run to it so they can get used to grass. I have covered the cage with a tarpaulin to keep them snug and dry. They seem very happy. It gives the ducks a chance to get used to them.
Big decision made today....we are finally going to sell our English house. The valuation is good and will give us a lump sum once the mortgage is paid off. At last we will be mortgage free!
Spotted some small butternut squash in the veg patch which is wonderful. I didn't think I could grow it.
Made another lot of soap today too ready for Gite guests. Meant I had to have the oven on! I am now saving up for a plus two to attach to my Esse. This will give me an electric oven to use in summer. It will look like one cooker and they put on new longer towel rail and a new longer plinth. It is expensive though so will take a while to save.
All the wheat is I now and the fields are being ploughed. On Friday I will be picking the first blackberries! Crazy! Will have to freeze them until the apples are ready as I like apple bramble jelly. Will mean lighting the Esse again! The produce from the garden has been amazing this year.

2 comments:

  1. So are you finally getting rid of your problem tenants? Or have they already gone? The wheat's not all in here.....although we did see one farmer getting his in a couple of days ago. Good news about the butternut squash, we have quite a few of them. And they store for weeks and weeks, which is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our problem tenant is still there so we are expecting no help from him to sell the house! We have to give him two months notice but he only has to give us one! I expect as soon as knows we are selling he will give notice. This has always been the problem as it means we pay the mortgage until it is sold. At last P has accepted this will always be a problem.

    ReplyDelete