Friday 7 August 2015

Ducklings in the pond for the first time

The ducklings came out of their nest this morning and spent all day in and around the pond. The other  Ducks had a little go at them but nothing serious. When I went to put all to bed the older ducks waited for the ducklings then all went into the house in a line. I feel the ducklings are big enough now not to get squished but will check on them again before I go to bed. I took a photo of them with other adult ducks but am having problems posting it. I will get it sorted soon.
Today we have bought a second hand scaffold tower ready for when our roof is done. I can also use it for pointing, much easier than balancing on a ladder!
Tomorrow our guests leave and new ones arrive. I think they have had a good holiday. I ironed all the bedding today so all is ready for changeover. Just milk and a fresh baguette to buy in the morning for the welcome pack.
Did some re organizing today. My sewing table has gone back into the kitchen. I do not have any power in the sewing room to be and always have to use my machine in the lounge. One day my house will be sorted. I am pleased to have a kitchen table back.

2 comments:

  1. You're very brave, getting up ladders and scaffolding! Just think how good your house will look when it's all finished, and you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you did it all yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have keep imaging how it will all look when finished. I get very down sometimes about how it all is now. I do what I can to keep moving forward. P seems to forget I have limitations!

    ReplyDelete