Sunday 2 August 2015

Big grrr

So I have my new iPad and all is well apart from being unable to access my blog. I have spent hours trying to find it and can find the blogs but not the front page that lets me write a new post. So. I have started again! I will have to retake photo's some of which will not be possible. The ducklings are no longer balls of fluff!
So to recap where I am in my bid to go green.....I have solar tubes and a heat exchanger to provide hot water. I have a wood burning oven and a wood burner to heat the lounge. No central heating! This means we have a fairly low carbon footprint. Low electricity bills too!
I grow fruit and veg, make jam and pickles and bottle fruit. I make my own cakes and bread and am working towards making all the biscuits too!
My house is an old French farmhouse built in 1832. It is granite with thick walls. We have partially renovated our house. The once hayloft is now two bedrooms and bathrooms but is still bare plaster.
Downstairs we removed the walls that formed three bedrooms to make one big room. There is a giant fireplace that we put my wood burning Esse into and I have a butler sink with draining board. I have a stretch of worktop balanced for now on the frames of future cupboards. I will add some photos soon.
I do not know if my followers will find me but hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment