Wednesday 28 October 2015

What a busy week

last guests arrived for the Gite so daughter had to move into the caravan. That meant leaving our back door unlocked so if they needed the loo during the night that could come in and use the cloakroom. Dogs were very good, barked the first night but not after that.
Yesterday I collected my Mini Cooper and have to say I absolutely love it. Takes a bit of getting used to being left hand drive but that will come with time.
Today the guests left and daughter moved back into the Gite where they will now stay until their house is finished. We have removed some of the furniture so they can have some over their things around them. Took daughter shopping today and helped her find thevFrench version of things. Also got her signed up for a loyalty card so she can start building it up.
Also builder started today and has been busy with the digger. He has dug out the footings for my uitilty room, daughters dining room, new animal/ bird house and log store. We used some of the earth to build up the sides of my tractor tyre pond making it easier for the water fowl to access. It is great to see things moving forward.
The darker evenings have caught us out and we have to adjust our schedules to be here in time to put all to bed.
Major step for me..I had some roast lamb last Sunday. I know where it came from and that it had a good life chemical free. I have had an upset tummy since but guess it will take a while to get used to.
I am working on free range outdoor pork now as I will not eat factory farmed pork. If I can find someone who rears pigs ethically I will buy it. Once we start eating our poultry and water fowl we will be self sufficient with meat.

6 comments:

  1. I have had two mini coopers and loved them, such fun to drive. Sadly I couldn't fit in all the grandchildren so have gone for something bigger, which I love but still miss the minis. Sounds like you have exciting times ahead with your family there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first ever car way back when was a Mini 1,000, much smaller than this Cooper but am happier in a bigger version. Only one grandchild here to ferry around so all ok! When this one needs upgrading I will go for a countryman. A few years to wait for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first ever car was an original mini as well with the sliding windows :)

      Delete
  3. Could you explain what a loyalty card is?

    I always thought the Mini Cooper was cute car, especially the one that is a convertible

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you shop at the supermarket and pay at the desk, you give the loyalty card and they put some money on it. It is only a small amount and it depends what you buy as not everything has bonus points. After a few months the money builds up to a decent amount and you tell the cashier to put it towards your shopping for that day. I usually let mine get to about €50 and it feels like almost free shopping as I normally spend €60 each week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great plan. I have something similar with my VISA card.

    ReplyDelete