Monday 2 November 2015

Progress

today the concrete arrived. The base for the log store, the duck, geese and goat house and the extension to our house has been laid. The lorry driver was very skilled in negotiating our fencing. It took a 12 meter tube to reach the animal area. All smoothed out and drying now.
The daft ducks have left their footprints in the base of their house. I was concerned they may get stuck but all was well.
Tomorrow our builder will start on the extension. It always boosts me when I can see us moving forward.
My attempt to join the meat eating world is not going too well. Two weeks ago I had a small amount of lamb and my tummy is still upset. Tonight I tried to eat some wild salmon but did not get far as just did not want it. I will persist but continue to take it slowly. I find I always prefer vegetarian food.
On Wednesday we will go to the prefecture to sort out the carte grise for my mini. This will transfer it into my name. I am still smiling when I drive my mini. It is always a challenge dealing with French offialdom! Hopefully all will go smoothly.
It has been unseasonably warm the last few days, a sort of gentle introduction to winter. I cannot help feeling the temperature will drop quickly very soon. The early mornings, evenings and nights are rather cold.
The chickens are still laying well, I hope it continues. I think the sunshine has helped.
Life feels very gentle at the moment something I am grateful for in such a turbulent world.

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that you can shorten your long links with Shortest and get dollars for every visit to your short urls.

    ReplyDelete