Wednesday 14 October 2015

Another bit of French bureaucracy sorted...I hope

For some time now I have wanted to change my English driving license for a French one. It is normal to have regular document checks and be breathalised here. It always complicates it because I live here and drive a French car. So this morning I went into our village Marie and asked about changing over. The receptionist speaks no English so it was a challenge. I managed it and also asked for a list of the things I need to send to the prefecture. She had a hand written list so is obviously used to having 'etrangers' making this request. So, I have filled out the form, photocopied my birth certificate, passport, plastic license card and paper license and a utility bill in my name. All along with my original licenses, two dreadful photos and a stamped self addressed envelope all in one big envelope ready to be sent to the prefecture tomorrow. No charge amazingly and hopefully my new French license will arrive before long. Meanwhile I have a photocopy of my English license for when I am stopped by the Gendarmes. I am very proud of myself for doing this. I have no intention now of ever going back to Blighty so it makes sense.
The winter weather has arrived so wood burner cranked up. I love this time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment