Friday 24 February 2017

Things that make me smile...

Mrs Goose has three eggs in her nest. I am hoping yet again that she will hatch some goslings this year. She carefully covers them up each morning before leaving the nest and they are both very protective. I will keep you informed. Only one duck egg so far and no sign of a broody hen. I always hope for fluffy balls but will leave it to them!
My crochet along blanket is almost finished. All 115 stripes are done. Today the final edging part will be published and I will finish the blanket over the next few days. I think I will give it to a friend who needs a hug just now! The next blanket is waiting to be started!
I must get the sewing machine out again soon and finish the cotton skirt. The fabric for my petticoats should arrive today and I want to get those made too. I am beginning to think about warmer weather and cotton skirts and t-shirts! I am trying to reduce my possessions and have decided four skirts and tops , two pairs of shorts and two pairs of jeans will be enough. The jeans will do for all the seasons. As far as possible I will make my clothes. I would prefer to have natural fabrics as part of my bid to ditch plastic.
All the bulbs are showing now..just waiting for some flowers. The snow drops are everywhere and I love to see the white flowers poking through.
Using the weekends for doing our house is working well. My utility room is now framed out and most of the insulation is in. Tomorrow the first fix plumbing and electrics will go in. That really does make me smile. Before long we will start on my kitchen. Exciting times!
I have been given a bundle of blackcurrant sticks. Hopefully they will take as it will top up my jam store and also enable me to make cordial. We all love blackcurrant. I want to increase the fruit we grow so that I can bottle more for winter.
Very soon I will get going on the veg! My wild flower seeds have arrived so I want my mini meadow sorted by the end of March. Lots to look forward to.

1 comment:

  1. Happy days! Things seem to be going well for you at the moment. Hope the blackcurrants produce lots of fruit. My raspberry canes grow profusely each year but produce very little fruit. Or maybe the birds get them!

    ReplyDelete