Tuesday 7 February 2017

Green and bling are compatible

Well in my life they are! As you know I have been working for some time trying to be 'green'. I have come a long way over the last few years and have totally changed how I live. I have greatly reduced what I buy and what I throw away. Some of it has been easy some difficult but I will not go back to the materialistic life style of a decade ago!
But.......a girl has to have a bit of bling! Starting later this month I will have delivered a small but pretty box each month. It might have a bit of a shine to it but there will be no precious metal or gem stones........I have signed up to a thing called 'Little box of crochet.' Each month the box will contain all I need for a small crochet project. All the wool is ethically sourced which suits me. Included each month is a crochet related free gift. Free is always good. This will be something that is completely frivolous and just for me. It is my version of bling!
I have felt for sometime that I needed something happy in my life. Don't get me wrong, the way of life I have chosen does mostly make me very happy but it involves a great deal of giving. Sometimes the tank needs refilling. This little box will be my fuel that keeps me going. I have not told him indoors yet but I somehow think he will understand. I have a small pension that is for me and I have chosen to use part of it for this new venture.
I will let you know what is in the box when it arrives.
Spring is in the air at last, a few more weeks and it will start properly. The bees are venturing out again but I am not sure what they are finding. I must check soon how much fondant is left. That may need replacing as there is not much around for them now!
My crochet along is coming on but I have not felt the love for this one. I have realized it is because the colours are too sombre. It is based on the Yorkshire moors and starts with lots of brown and green, I am currently on the heather which has more purple and violet. The last stage is the sky which I long to be as there are some lovely blues involved! I am currently behind with it, being on stripe 58 when this week I should be doing 81-100. I will get there though as I do not like to abandon a project.

1 comment:

  1. Starting a new project is always exciting. I hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete