Saturday 2 July 2016

Mrs goose

She is properly sitting on her nest which is lined with her feathers. Mr Goose stays close and hisses at  anyone approaching the house. Now all animals and birds are fenced into their own areas I think she is happier to sit. She has pushed out a couple of eggs which I guess were not viable. I have lost track of how many eggs she is sitting on so it is a case of wait and see.
Yesterday we received a booking for next April which has cheered us all up. Seems English people do still want to holiday in France!
Picking raspberries daily now and putting in the freezer ready to make jam once I have enough. Veg doing well and apple and pear trees full of fruit.
The bees are collecting lots of pollen from the clover and blackberry flowers. Hoping the wind drops today so that I can inspect the hive.
The back of my roof is now finished and I have made a start clearing up that bit of garden which is now the chicken area. The chicks are now over 7 weeks and I am sure we have two boys which will go in the freezer after 13 weeks. We will wait for them to get bigger. The current broody hen is sitting on about 10 eggs. Will have to see how many hatch.
Very much focusing on what is going on here and trying to ignore the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment