Tuesday 12 July 2016

Created for my bees

This is a section of a small wildflower garden I created for our bees and other wildlife. I would like to create more areas the same as I love wild flowers. The poppies self seed each year and spread without any help. The other flowers seem to sort themselves out too!
The next patch I will create will be in the orchard where the geese and bees live.
The lavender is now in flower and the beautiful humming bird moths are already visiting. I have seen my bees on it too.
The Hazel trees are covered in nuts so I hope I can beat the squirrels to them this year. They are still green at the moment. Apples and pears are in abundance too. Lots of chutney making before long.
We are slowly getting our land the way I want it!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely poppies! It sounds as if you're living in your own little corner of heaven.

    ReplyDelete