Sunday 4 December 2016

Brrrrrrrr....


Have had to break the ice on the pond most mornings. Even the water butt is freezing. When I first come downstairs I have to get the wood burner going. It is lovely to see the smoke coming out of the chimney when I let everyone out. At this time of year you can smell the wood smoke in the air and the few farmhouses I can see in the distance now the trees are without leaves, all have a plume of smoke! Not many homes have central heating!
The cows are beginning to disappear into the barns and with the fields bare of crops it all looks a little sad.
At the moment we are getting beautiful blue skies and sunshine but it is very cold.Trying to keep the positive theme going it's not long until the shortest day. There are already catkins on the Hazel trees.
There are very tall trees in the field at the back of our property and they have balls of mistletoe in them. They look like giant bird nests.
Had the news this week that youngest daughter is having another boy. Would have loved a grand daughter but all is well which is what is important. I am planning to buy two baskets and fill one with bits for the new baby and one with things for my grandson. I have ordered some pale blue wool to crochet a baby blanket. I have until April to finish it. Eldest daughter is really pleased that she will be around right from the start with this one. We all have a lovely relationship with Elliot and spend lots of time together. He is four now. When I tell him I love him he says 'I love you too grandma'. Guaranteed to make me cry!
I am also joining a crochet along. A lovely lady called Lucy (attic24.typepad.com) has put together a throw that we can follow. I have all the wool ready and have bought some new easy grip hooks. The event starts in January when she will start giving instructions. It is based on the Yorkshire moors and the colours are wonderful.
My latest green thing is I have replaced the plastic cotton buds with ones made from rolled paper. There is so much out there that can make a difference.

2 comments:

  1. That is great news, Aly. Grandchildren are wonderful for keeping you young! I babysat my youngest grandson until he went to school full time and we had great fun together! I think it was a very important relationship in his young life as he will always be special to me.
    Cold here too but we haven't had any snow yet, thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. due to this, the FDA advises clients to be aware the elements in any merchandise causing an allergic reaction. If the patron need to are seeking for the care of a dermatologist, a report can be filed concerning the negative response. For more ==== >>>>>> http://guidemesupplements.com/dermessence/

    ReplyDelete