Thursday 29 December 2016

Bye bye 2016

we are now in the last few days of 2016!  There has been good and bad this year but we have lots to look forward to in 2017. I have never been one for looking back. Preferring to look forward. What is done cannot be undone but the future is waiting to be made.
Today we finished Duckingham Palace and I have moved the ducks and geese in. The ducks made a big fuss about being caught and carried which made it hard work. I had to take them one at a time. The geese just waited in the barn and let me pick them up without a fuss. They were both very heavy but are so gentle I have no fear handling them. They seemed pleased to have their own house back and went in happily. The ducks made a bit of fuss because it was not their house but a new one! The smaller ducks had a swim in the tractor tyre pond. This will be much better for them as they have all become very muddy without a pond to wash in. The chickens will be happy to have their home to themselves again. We are now set up to cope with the lock down long term. Disabled duck is still in the chicken barn in the puppy cage as she still needs protecting. With this project done we can now go back to finishing the Gites.
One casualty of moving the ducks..I lost a lens from my rather expensive variofocal glasses. I searched the barn where I lost it  but no joy. I will hunt again tomorrow. One of the big ducks managed to get a wing free and knocked them off! I have a spare pair but they are not variofocal.
The weather is very cold with frosty mornings and iced up water containers. I very much hope this is our last winter living in a building site. We are talking a lot about plans for our house now. I have lived like this so long it is a case of believe it when I see it now!
It is exciting starting a new year. Who knows what it will bring? What will the curved balls be this year?

1 comment:

  1. Hope you find your lens, Aly. I couldn't get on with varifocals. Let's hope this is the year that your house gets finished.

    ReplyDelete