Monday 9 November 2015

Am still here!

Busy busy just now! In a good way though. We are pushing forward with converting a small barn into a house for eldest daughter and her husband. Have just planned the kitchen so will shortly go to good old Ikea to get it! You can plan and choose it on the English website then take the print out to our French shop and it is all the same! Makes it so much easier.
Our builder is getting on well with the extension, I am looking forward to having a utility room and daughter will enjoy the added dining room their side.
Tomorrow we pick up an old armoire we have bought privately. At least, I hope we will. It has shelves inside and I need it to store the clean Gite linen. It is the princely sum of €10.
On the sustainable living front I have ditched makeup remover wipes and now clean my face with good old gentle soap and water. I have also invested in two dozen cotton handkerchiefs and will no longer buy tissues. Progress is slow but I am moving forward.
My big news is I am on the last lap of my bedspread! Just sewing in all the ends now. Once done I will put a photo on here. It has taken me two years to make!
Wood burner is going most evenings now as it gets chilly. The days are still quite warm though, unusual for November.
Chickens are still laying well, up to 7 eggs each day.
Daughter living with us has secured an interview at a college to help support the teaching of English. It will be amazing if she gets it. We are all rooting for her!
Will be back again soon with photos!

5 comments:

  1. Do you sell eggs, or are they only used to feed all of you? How many living in your family compound now? Are they all there permanently? Also, when you have guests in your French version of a bed an breakfast (I think that is the correct English comparison), do you provide breakfast for them, or are they able to fend for themselves in their own lodgings?

    I know I have asked you lots of questions, so don't worry about answering them now if you don't have the time. Perhaps some of these questions could be topics of future posts!

    Again, I find all of this so fascinating. It's as if I am peeking into a little window of a life I cannot have for myself but find so interesting, none the less.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All good news. Hope things keep on the up and up!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will put up a post about how our business runs Beth. Along with a photo of my finally finished bedspread!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on finishing the bedspread! Looking forward to the photo.

    ReplyDelete