Sunday 28 May 2017

🍒 🐦

Today we have harvested the lovely cherries that the Starlings usually beat us to! Him indoors set up the scaffolding tower under the enormous tree a week ago. We checked every day to see how ripe the cherries were. The birds were taking the odd one that had ripened early but we timed it right. I have spent the last hour or so de stoning two buckets of cherries. They are now in my maslin  pan cooking before being made into a loose cherry jam. Proper jam I have in abundance from all the raspberries and blackcurrants. The cherry is used as a sauce for a good vanilla ice cream ( once my kitchen is done I will make my own) and for the plain yogurt I make every week. We regard it as a real treat.
I feel very privileged to be able to produce our own things and love the whole process.
The veg patch is doing well, loads of peas this year which makes me happy. I hope to fill the freezer!
The courgettes are doing well too so hoping for plenty of pickle in the Autumn.

My sock knitting has slowed due to Bruno dog eating my stitch markers. Him indoors has ordered me some pretty metal bees in assorted sizes. Hopefully Bruno will not be so attracted! I have managed to turn the heel, amazingly and now have to get to grips with knitting the gusset. I will get there I just need a bit of quiet to get my head around it. Once I have done one and know how it works I feel sure I will be fine.

There always seems to be something new to learn! I do not always plan what to tackle next sometimes projects find me. If it feels right I go for it!

I have this week started using instagram as a way of sharing my photos. Still a steep learning curve but already some people who know me have found me! Sometimes it feels weird embracing the modern world alongside so many old fashioned ideals I have! Having said that most of my projects started with google. How did we manage without the internet?

2 comments:

  1. Keep sharing, Aly. All your projects sound fascinating and I just wish I had your enthusiasm for trying something new. I love to hear what you are up to next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris! I never know what will come next!

    ReplyDelete