Sunday 23 October 2016

Just about hanging on

Thought I would update you!
Him indoors came home on Wednesday. Very fragile and nervous. We have come a long way since but he is still very worried about knocking his arm or falling over. He can do very little so I have to help with washing and dressing. I also have to either cut up his food or give him something he can manage with one hand. I know he does not like this but it has to be. The plaster is uncomfortable and very heavy.
We are fairly relaxed about the delay in finishing the Gites. They will be ready for the next season which is all that matters. It just means I wait longer for my house to be done. We are still plodding forward doing what we can so it is not at a complete standstill.
Autumn is well and truly here. The trees are glorious. I am having trouble posting photos at the moment but will get on to it when I have time.
One of my ducks is having trouble walking. I have seperated her into her own pen and house to ensure she is getting enough food. I think this morning she looked a bit stronger. The chickens are still in various stages of moulting but I am now getting two eggs each day.
Garden work has taken a hit just now but I will do what I can. Especially with the veg patch.
Still lots of scaremongering regarding Brexit but am trying to ignore it. No one really knows how it will work. Just now a large part of me would be happy to go back to the U.K.

No comments:

Post a Comment