Wednesday 2 November 2016

This 'n' that

Sorry to have been absent but life has been very busy! With the extra load of helping him indoors there is not much spare time!
Tomorrow is a big day as the staples and sutures are being removed. This will be the last time the plaster comes off until it is permanently removed. On Monday next week the physio starts. That will be pretty intense as it is three times a week for 12 weeks! Fortunetly our top up insurance covers it. Several of the drugs are now finished too which is good. He only has the strong painkiller morning and evening now too just needing paracetamol in between. We have settled into a pattern of I leave him to it unless he asks for help. We have agreed this strategy as I do not want to take over. He is growing a beard now as shaving is not possible. Although I have shaved many men whilst a nurse he is not comfortable to have me shave him!
I have settled into my vegan lifestyle very well. I am getting used to reading packaging in the supermarket. My next challenge is to give up sugar! Most biscuits, cakes and sweets are not vegan anyway! I have had a go at making stuff myself but am now at the point where I am happy to give it up. Even chocolate I am not bothered about! This means I have just about removed all factory made food from my diet! I am eating lots of pulses now and enjoying them. My challenge is sourcing different ones.
My effort to ditch the plastic is going well too. No more cling film or plastic freezer bags. I mostly use glass jars in the freezer. I bought a pack of chicken breasts for him indoors and wrapped each in greaseproof paper then put them in a large glass jar! My next mission is to make fabric bags to put fruit and veg in. It will cause a stir no doubt! That will be more plastic gone!
The evenings have really drawn in now. I am putting the birds away at 5.30. This seems to have snuck up on me. The wood burner is on most days now and we have ordered more wood. It will be me who stacks it.
Still unsure of how our future will be in terms of Brexit. We have been hit badly by the exchange rate and are down by around £200 a month just by converting our pensions into euros. Hopefully that will improve. The other part is lack of bookings for the Gite. The other two Gites are moving slowly forward. We should still have them done for the season next year. Just hope we get a good number of bookings.

2 comments:

  1. I've just caught up on your last two posts (I've been in Spain- glorious weather and swimming in the seas most days!)and sorry to hear of your worries. I'm sure it will be ages until Brexit takes affect so you have lots of time to work out your next steps. It is very autumnal here too but not too cold - 12C today and sunny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are numerous other vital types of pumps which are used basis on nature of operations. you may look for normally used chopper, centrifugal and pneumatic switch pumps manufacturers, providers & exporters on online portals for purchase and supply in bulk.For more ==== >>>>>> http://musclegainfast.com/max-testo-xl/

    ReplyDelete