Wednesday 27 January 2016

Another attempt to gain control of the biscuit tin

what I mean is self control and not opening the biscuit tin.
Since retiring from the world the pounds, or should it be kilos, have padded me out. When in work I was a size 10 ( UK). To be honest I did not eat much, lived on black, sugarless coffee and sugarless polo mints! Not healthy!
Since retiring and opting out I have discovered I actually like eating so have. The weight has piled on. With two siblings who have type 1 diabetes I am being very foolish. So, the hunt for a healthy eating plan. In the past I have done weight watchers and went from 15 stone to 10 by eating weight watchers products. Three problems with that now..I cannot get the products here....they are too expensive to buy from the company and have delivered here......they do not fit my clean eating way of life. They do classes here but in French!
I have tried the fasting...I can go all day without eating for two days a week but then I over eat on the feed days. It is not for me.
GI diet...too much work to understand how to do it.
I am currently waiting for the book on the blood sugar diet to arrive. I have read up on this and am not convinced it will work for me.
So....looking at slimming world. Cannot afford to join the on line club as having just paid off one mortgage I am not going to take out another to pay for a slimming club.
I have done a bit of googling and have a sort of slimming world that I think will work for me. I will have a measured amount of porridge with milk and honey for breakfast. I will have a bowl of homemade soup for lunch and then a home cooked meal in the evening. The key will be ditching the snacks, no cake or chocolate!
The biggest challenge I have is being vegetarian. There is little out there to keep me filled up and interested in what I am eating.
I will give it a go though.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck, Aly. Hope you have good results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you disappeared from my Feedly reader I thought you had stopped blogging. Luckily, a couple of days ago I clicked on your last post and saw that you had had to start a new blog. I'm now all caught up :) My husband and I work on a wine estate in the Aude and run the gîtes and shop in the summer. I am enjoying reading about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should think that the massive amounts of physical labor you do would help; that plus trying to eat smaller portions at mealtime and no snacks.

    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bought a newiPad and could not find my original blog! Sorry! Also apologies if anything is repeated from my first blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete