Tuesday 5 January 2016

Big event

Today we completed on our English house and have paid off our mortgage! As we bought our French house for cash we now owe nothing! It is an amazing feeling.
Managed to repair some fencing today. With the greenhouse ready to put glass in and lots of clearance done I am feeling good about our land.
Cluckingham palace, the barn the chickens have needs some work. We have had a problem with rats living in the walls. The walls are granite and two feet thick and have long ago lost the pointing. I plan to put a concrete skin over the internal walls to stop the rats burrowing in. I will then paint the walls white so that I can hose them when needed. The chickens have a ladder to get up to the ledges where they roost and Inwant to build another ladder on the other side. Now I have 17 birds they need more places to roost. Several sleep on the big beam. P has told me how to make the concrete so I will do it small batches when I have time. This will be in between putting the glass in the greenhouse. I need to get all this done before the planting begins.
The other thing I really must do is put together the bee hive as the bees will be arriving in a couple of months and I do not want it to be a last minute panic!
But for now I will just enjoy the feeling of being mortgage free!😊

1 comment:

  1. Must be a really good feeling! Good luck with the cementing.

    ReplyDelete