Saturday 25 June 2016

On a lighter note...my latest finished project

This is the old bed I bought for €25 and restored. I have never done anything like this before but really enjoyed doing it. It was very dirty with mucky fabric. I had to go to Caen to buy the tool and the upholstery pins but it was worth doing. The fabric I bought from an English company as France does not have the sort of fabric I like! I found the chalk paint in a new shop we have here that has lots of craft things at sensible prices.
We found some dormer window rods that sit above each window. You need a double sided curtain as the curtain swings open against the cheeks of the window so when the curtains are closed I used the same spotty fabric. For when they are open I used a blue and white star fabric.
The room is very much home made but that is how I like it. It fits in with my new way of life.
This has given me a big boost as it shows what our home will be like once finished.
On a completely different note...we are collecting our bees Tuesday evening. They are settled in our hive and our mentor says they are very gentle..no stinging! Long may that last! I have not cut the grass in the orchard for weeks due to all the clover. My lavender is just starting to flower too! I will have to put some fondant in the hive to feed the bees until they have established their food source but the clover and lavender will start them off. I have also moved the bird bath into the orchard to provide water for the bees. This is a very exciting development.

1 comment:

  1. The bed is gorgeous, well done! Good luck with the bees. They will be well fed, for sure.

    ReplyDelete