Saturday 12 March 2016

Big step forward

so, daughter and husband are now in their new home. They moved in yesterday to a new house. This used to be a small cow barn attached to our house. It had an earth floor and was very dark. It is now a bright and sunny one bedroomed house. We still have the outside decking to do to give safe access to the front door and the garden needs lots of work to get it looking good. It will all get done eventually.
This morning we are meeting at their house for coffee and a discussion to plan our next project. This has to be to finish the other two Gites. A lot of the work is done so we need careful planning to be sure of the order of things and that we have the necessary materials on site.
We have also now created pathways around the place having had 13 ton of scalpings delivered. Things are shaping up well.
P took the corvette for the CT (mot) yesterday and it passed. So we now have all the paperwork to apply for French license plates. Means another trip to the prefecture. I hope that is the last thing with officialdom for a while.
My French driving license has still not turned up. I obviously misunderstood the phone conversation! Not hard to do! My piece of paper to show the police runs out 4th April so I very much hope it arrives before then. I dread dealing with the prefecture again.
My polytunnel has arrived and I hope we will assemble it tomorrow. I have lots of vegetable seeds waiting to be planted.
Sadly I lost a duck this week. They have been roaming ever further from our property and I knew it was only a matter of time before a fox arrived. She was always the last to come home and was often in the field alone. I was always hunting for them and herding them back. P saw the fox take her.
I have now refenced around the duck area with chicken wire which has stopped them getting through the fence. I have also closed the gate between them and the geese as Mr Goose is aggressive just now due to Mrs Goose laying eggs. Very much hoping for Goslings this year.
So, the busy time is fast approaching with lots to do in the veg patch. Need extra veg this year to supply daughter and sil!

1 comment:

  1. What an exciting time for you, Aly. I hope everything goes well for you all this year.

    ReplyDelete