Friday 11 September 2015

The wait continues

So here we are six weeks after my daughter should have exchanged contracts on her flat and it still hasn't happened. The buyers solicitor has caused problems throughout. She has failed to communicate  with anyone and has been very slow with each stage. If it does not happen by Monday lunchtime daughter cannot complete until 5 th October. This gives us more time to spend getting the cave ready but is very stressful!
Today we took big Bruno for his vaccinations. Had to take Frank too as he is unhappy being left in the house alone. Bruno has no fear of the vet and was very good. He weighed in at 41kgs! After the vet we took them for a good woodland walk which we all enjoyed.
Also today I have deleted all but one of the games I played on my iPad. I am tired of wasting time on them! It has meant this evening I have finished the crochet throw for the Gite. Well the crochet bit anyway. I now have to sew in all the ends then do the border. The throw is red and white and I am going to sew a red and white gingham frill around the edges. I have several other projects to finish that I am going to work through.
My hand reared ducklings are now outside. Yesterday I put them in the duck garden where they enjoyed a swim in the pond. It took two of us to get them into the house last night. They tumbled out of the house with the others when I opened the door this morning. They had no problem finding the feeder and although they stayed together they seem happy. This evening I was able to get them into the house on my own. Hopefully this means they are now happy being ducks!
We are back on track with eggs too although silly hen is still laying hers on top of the wall. Today the egg rolled off and broke! I am getting three eggs a day though as well as one or two duck eggs. It is good to be able to supply my younger daughter and two friends again.

2 comments:

  1. And now finally exchange has happened....so daughter will be with you soon!

    I've mentioned your blog on mine, so hopefully you might get some of your readers back, or get some new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I have just popped over from Sooze blog, looking forward to reading about your 'green' adventures.

    ReplyDelete